DEED bags is a small boutique atelier based in Melbourne, Australia. It was established by Emma Bowd in late 2017 to provide a stylish, functional and sustainable alternative to the single-use plastic shopping bag.
DEED bags have very quickly become coveted carryalls for shopping, travel and everyday life.
Emma is an internationally published author of books about fashion and modern-day life. A compulsive 'doer' with a creative flair, she's a keen sewer, world-traveller and nature-lover, who has also drawn upon her experience as an Occupational Therapist in industrial ergonomics to create exceptionally beautiful yet functional and original designs for DEED bags.
As a Literacy Ambassador for the children's education charity Ardoch, Emma is proud to raise awareness and funds for them by donating $1 from each DEED bag sold and 100% of online charity bag auctions throughout the year.
All DEED bags are hand-cut and sewn by Emma, from both new and vintage fabrics, using natural fibres. Emma is proud to be part of the International Fashion Revolution, which seeks to promote a more ethical and sustainable fashion industry. She is passionate about saving deadstock and remnant fabrics from entering landfill by sourcing many of her quality fabrics and trims direct from the cutting room floors of factories and fashion/interior design houses, as well as markets and private suppliers.
Proudly 100% Made in Melbourne, Australia
Here at DEED bags we love to be busy - and we love our busy bees. They are everything we value at DEED: conscientious, clever, community-minded AND so important for the survival of our planet. Bees are needed to pollinate most of the fruit and vegetables we carry in our DEED bags. Even the cotton plant, from which our bag's material is made, relies upon the mighty bee.
With its roomy interior, two large internal pockets and cleverly placed handles, the DEED bag comfortably carries market items, and is the perfect carryall for work, sport and travel.
- We are proud to source our high-quality cotton webbing from Melbourne manufacturers. The logo on our cotton webbing is also printed by a specialist Melbourne-based company.
- Our CLASSIC charcoal-striped and colour-pop bags are made from soft, strong, 100% cotton ticking and duck weave fabric which is effortlessly stylish, light and fold-able.
Many of our VINTAGE, LUXE and FASHIONISTA bags are made with materials and embellishments which have been sourced as deadstock (e.g. end-of-roll; factory closure) or remnants from the cutting room floor. These bags are made in strictly limited numbers, and are often one-of-a-kind.
- Practically sized - not too big or too small. (Approx size: 48cm wide; 14cm deep; 36cm high)
- Two large internal pockets - handy for phone/wallet/sunglasses and can also accommodate drink bottles, wine bottles and olive oil/condiments/French sticks etc
- Credit card/lipstick pocket.
- Sewn to the highest standards with French seams, which are reinforced by strong cotton webbing.
- Perfect length cotton webbed handles, which are comfortable to carry in your hands, as well as over the arm or shoulder.
- Discretely decorated with a range of stylish embellishments to complement your personal style.
Easy to spot clean or gentle machine wash in cold water ONLY. Slight shrinkage of natural fibres will occur - and the bags have been sized to allow for this. We recommend washing DEED bags in a mesh laundry bag, so that ties and tassels do not get tangled, and to gently pull the bags into shape when wet. Dry in the shade out of direct sunlight.